Not only do we have such a program, but due to its growing popularity, we wanted to put the information out there for people to find a little more easily.
In the past, we have primarily worked this program via word of mouth, forum marketing, and some other basic avenues.
Due to the continued popularity of the program as well as the smoothness to which we have it operating at this point, we wanted to open this program up to have the details more easily found.
As such we have added the Menu Tab “SotA Commission” to our site, which details the program. Here is a copy of those details.
*The following is for digital products. We ALSO sell physical SotA goods on consignment, but if you would like the details for that program please just contact us using the contact form, and we will email them to you.
Terms and Conditions
Shroud of Avatar Consignment sales with Caveloot.com
Real Money Transaction / Retail Market Trade only
We charge 20% Commission on all sales. This may seem like a lot but is an extremely low hourly work rate given the labor that goes into breaking apart, identifying, listing, and continual marketing of large inventories. We manage to make it something we can do at this percentage given the info structure we have in place.
– We do not share information about who we sell for. You are able to remain anonymous.
– We are a legally operating business with a good reputation established in the community.
– We already have an established customer base.
– We have an established online store your items will go into.
– We do ALL the work, you just collect payments.
– We do this professionally so are up to date with ongoing market values.
– Go after longer-term top dollar prices rather than short-term sales at low dollar.
– We take the legal risks of doing this business.
– You MAY make a bit less (you may not if we get higher prices than you would have).
– You do not have access to the things we are selling while we are selling them.
What we sell and What We Don’t
– We obey all Portalarium EULA/Terms of Service for selling. To meet those requirements anything we are selling for you has to be in our possession, legally yours, and resalable by the Portalarium definitions.
– We do not sell accounts/characters that are linked to Steam (must not be steam linked).
– We do sell gold.
– We do sell Player Owned Towns and require the ability to hold your account with our own account information and password until the sale completes, and then we can transfer the account back to you.
– We will take your low valued items, but not JUST your low valued items. In order for us to be able to take the time to sell all the scraps you may have (low dollar items), we also need some meat on the bone to earn some solid income from (high dollar items).
– After we make an initial review of your inventory if we feel there is not enough “meat on the bone”, we will let you know and return the inventory.
CANCEL ANY TIME
– We keep all your inventory in one location in the game. What this means is that any time you would like to discontinue our services, just say so. We can return all of your unsold inventory.
– This business arrangement may be canceled by yourselves or by us, at any time by request.
– Reasonable time to return all remaining inventory must be allowed
– Any sales for items in progress will be finalized, we have a reputation and will not just pull orders that are open with customers.
– Once we sell an item, sales are final. As such only unsold inventory can be returned.
– You may request just certain items back at any time rather than everything if you changed your mind about selling an item(s). Please understand though we have work involved in everything, and while we try to be understanding, continually inventory requests may result in us being unable to continue to work with you if we are losing too much labor or if we find out you are selling things you gave us on your own and then asking for them back for your own sales.
MINIMUM PRICING & DEEPER INVOLVEMENT
– Not a problem. We do all the work so you don’t have to be, but if you have certain areas you want to be involved in we can work with that.
– Anything you have a minimum price desired, we will not sell less for that price. We will record such minimums on the inventory spreadsheet we keep and that you have access to.
– If you do not give us a minimum price for item(s), then you agree to abide by whatever price we sell for. It is in our own best interest as well as yours, for us to get the highest price we feel we can.
– Commission = (Sales Cost – Fees if any (such as PayPal)) *0.20
– In short, we get 20% after fees and you get 80% after fees
– We pay you either by PayPal or Business Check, your choice.
– We can only do business check for Domestic. International if you need a check we can evaluate options for that.
– Willing to consider any other payment options you would like, we are flexible.
– Typically, when paying by PayPal or Business check in the USA, we issue you a consignment payment every time your balance is a $100.00 or more. We do not want to send you multiple payments daily for low dollars. Neither do we want to keep large balances owed to you on our books. As such we will keep a running balance and whenever it hits a $100.00 we send a payment. If we know more payments are about to come in, we may delay a bit.
– We get your inventory from you in game.
– Do an initial quick review to ensure there is enough overall value to proceed.
– We get your information, such as how we will be paying you.
– We put all your inventory into a room in one of our basements, where we sort it by category.
– We work with many people and have our own inventory. Therefore…
– We sell consignment inventory before we sell our own inventory. If you give us a red dress to sell and we have a red dress for sale, and someone wants to buy a red dress, we sell them your red dress first.
– We sell in the order inventory is given to us. If Lord British gave us a Red Dress yesterday and Darkstarr gives us one today, then we sell Lord British’s Dress first!
– We process Inventory sheets, postings, and marketing in the order given to us. If we are currently processing a large inventory for a customer and so it may take us 3 days, or two weeks to begin on yours, we will let you know this ahead of time.
– We have the right to make exceptions to the order we do things in, in special circumstances or due to pre-agreed upon special arrangements that may have been made. In short the rare exceptions to the rules, we try to avoid ever happening.
– Please be familiar with the Caveloot.com Terms of Service for doing business with our customers, and understand before working with us that your inventory sales will be sold abiding by those services and as such you agree to them, found here: https://thecaverns.net/store/terms-of-service/
– We provide this service acting as an independent contractor, selling on commission. We are neither an employee nor are we an employer.
– Yes, we used to do this for 10%. We operated initially at a loss in order to establish a solid program with a good info structure. Now that those things are in place and TESTED, we feel comfortable asking for enough to actually pay for our time, even if the hourly rate is low.
Are you a Shroud of the Avatar player that purchases items?
Tired of searching vendors, watching Facebook Groups, web pages, Forum Posts, and any number of other methods for that item you have been wanting but can’t seem to ever find? You’ve asked people about it but never hear back from anyone?
NO MORE!!!!! You are a customer and what that isn’t, is service.
So we are building parchment racks, filling up the inkwells, and sharpening the quills to start taking your information, and will contact you when (and if) we get the item(s) you are looking for in stock!
3- Include the in-game name, of the item(s) you are wanting to purchase if the price is fair.
When/if something comes in, we have your email from the contact form and will drop you a note. If you feel our opening price is high, well even negotiate with you!
You don’t need to ever contact us to remove you from the list. The first time that something comes in and we drop you a note on it, if you no longer need it, just a “don’t want” is all you have to say. If you want to be completely removed for other item’s you have asked about, simply say something like “remove me from wishlist”. BAM! Your off it, that easy. If you ever do want to drop us a note to remove you, we will, but you don’t have to go to the extra trouble.
If you would prefer we contact you in-game via mail, lets us know that. Same for forum communication goes, just be sure to include your forum name if you want us to reach out to you that method.
*Your information will not be sold or given to anyone else, and we will not use it for any purpose other then what it is being provided for.
*In the event multiple people want the same item(s), they will be contacted in the order we were contacted. Be sure to get on the list first!
We have some new pricing and Inventory updates we need to put in place for a few of our brands. This update will also include the addition of some new products!
In the interim, we have disabled all of the affected brands from being displayed in the store. As we update each item we will re-activate it, so expect to start seeing products being back quickly. Uncertain how long it will take to have everything relisted but will get done as fast as possible.
This update includes the brands:
and Dragon Forge Leather.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we do these updates!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM CAVELOOT.COM!
Don’t forget to properly arm your loved ones this season (and keep them inside and warm)!
As we approach the holidays this year, we are busy scheduling conventions, festivals, Comicon’s, and other cool venues that we will be attending in 2017. These will primarily take place in the Mid-West, such as Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and other area states.
If you are interested in keeping an eye on where we are going in 2017, we have added an Events Calendar to the website. We hope to see you!
Over the last few months, we have added several new products to the store.
Currently, this is a project we are not able to put a lot of time into, although we have a vast number of new products to add to our online catalog.
If you bear with us, though, you should start seeing an explosion of new items hitting our store, in January! Not only expansion of current product lines, but also entirely new product lines.
As does time with all things, so does it cause prices to change. All too often we find it goes up. NOT THIS TIME!
Well, that’s not entirely accurate. We did have some price increases on a few things. The majority of our Foam Latex items, though have dropped in price. This is a savings we received from the manufacturer that we are in turn passing onto you.
We DO still have some items in the store we need to apply these savings to still. Again, bear with us, and we hope to get that done in January as our schedule opens up. If not sooner!
One of the things we added to the store a while ago where some package themes. These until now had been limited to a handful of Gypsy and Pirate related.
We have added some additional recommendations based on what someone may be looking for when shopping for a general theme. These can also just be used for generating ideas, or as base Garb selections to add onto. Additionally, some base garb templates have been created as well. These are not one-click packages but rather allow you to select just the ideas from the package that you want.
Want our help putting together something? Contact us with the contact form, and we will be glad to assist. We will not limit that assistance to just our store but when it makes sense will also supply recommendations from elsewhere. We will add your items from our store into a new package in our catalog and provide you with a custom discount code for your order, for assisting us in growing our offerings.
You have no commitment to buy but it is time-consuming so please only contact us if serious.
If you had you eye on any of our products made by MLH, we apologize, but the brand will be unavailable until June. The full product line will be re-enabled on our site in June and available for prompt shipment again!
With that said we also feel awful we haven’t shown you any new product brands or options of late. It is not that we have not obtained them for you and in fact quite the opposite! We have acquired agreement with several new manufacturers that we need to add to our catalogs.
The last few weeks and for a while longer we are preparing inventory, displays, and training for future conventions we will be running booths at. As soon as we get that project and some various minor projects off our to-do lists, we will be putting a significant focus into offering you more to choose from. In the meantime w will make some attempts to work at least a few in!
Sure we have a Face book, Twitter, and others. Not everyone like’s to use the standard social sites though.
Here at The Caverns Store we want to give our customers every tool to talk to us and with each other that we can. So we have decided to add some forums for you to use!
Please note they are obviously empty at the moment (other than a welcome message from the store owner), having just been created. Please feel free to post a hello, ask for suggestions for your upcoming event, give us a testimonial, or whatever else you would like to say to us and/or other customers!
Of course we will also continue to use and monitor all our other social platforms as well.
At The Caverns Store we want you to be able to communicate in the way that you are most comfortable with!
If you have been over at all the last few weeks you will have seen we have been adding some nice Samurai swords into the store.
We still have lot’s of weaponry to come but we will be taking a break from that product line for a little while. We currently have somewhat of a customer interest in some new services we are now able to offer, which is custom GARB / Clothing.
A new page will be going up on the site detailing the quoting process and order process from start to finish. There will also be some photos of some of the clothing made by these fine tailors so that you can see their work. A lot more as well! We will have a later announcement detailing everything once that is in place.
Additionally we will be adding some more clothing and footwear (including boots!) to the store soon. We will be working on that product line before going back to weaponry as it’s made by the same tailors who will be sewing custom orders. I am really excited by what this brand offers and can’t wait to share it with all of you!
A LOT is taking place with The Caverns Store right now so things may seem to be unrolling from us fairly slowly. The reality is we have multiple projects taking place on a continual basis right now. This will continue for a while before we are able to announce and share everything with you. Really excited about everything in the works and cannot wait to share it all with you!
We are going to go ahead and clear out the new products section at this time and will provide you updates as we work on things. Stay tuned for the best loot!