Hello everyone, it is I, Stile Teckel, owner of Caveloot.com once again. I am here to say WOW! I am truly amazed by the support Adventure Post has been getting!
Sitting at $3,738.00 at the time I am typing this post, that puts us only $502.00 away from the free shipping Stretch goal, holy cow!!!
That certainly is not the end though, as we have another stretch goal at $5,600.00 and I can tell you that I do not only hope we can hit it, but that with 24 days to go we will blow it out of the water!
I also had the pleasure just a bit ago of reading a review of our Holiday Teaser written by Jason Alderman and posted over at The Rat Hole.
I don’t want to post any spoilers in case you are going to go over and read the review, but let’s jsut say that while I am not saying it sounds like he loved it, it sounds like he loved it!
Thank you everyone who has helped support this project and with 26 days to go, we will be working on unlocking stretch goals now! So that is definitely an incentive to consider increasing your pledges, with that funding in place. Keep spreading the word to your friends, to help, as that will unlock extra goodies for both of you as we meet those goals!
We are also working on what different add-on’s and such we may be offering and there is even talk of another stretch goal if we meet all the current ones before the deadline!
Finally, havent played the holiday teaer yet? Now offering another place to download that for you at no cost – DriveThru RPG!
Hello Everyone! This is Stile Teckel, the co-developer of Adventure Post and owner of Caveloot.com. I can’t tell you how excited I am to be working on this somewhat innovative idea and the possibilities the future could bring for it. I’m all tingly with excitement and nervousness!
It was only a few weeks ago Shawn and I started discussing it and it is amazing to me we have already launched a Kickstarter! This is possible in part due to the number of many talented people working together to make this project happen. Shawn himself has been a machine of long continual hours, daily, to bring this Kickstarter live to you on the New Year!
It’s my hope that if funded, we can eventually have multiple Adventure Post mailings going out per week, for different game types and genres, using different people for Art, Design, Story, and, Map Making, as well as the Mechanics System. It could be a great way for new and established artists, developers, writers, and more to participate in a fun project and have their work be seen by many. Possibly even helping lead to other opportunities for many folks!
How cool of a concept could this be for introducing people to different systems and mechanics for other games? WOW! What excites me most about this project is the potential future for collaboration among many people in the gaming world that create, in a plethora of mediums.
With a low-cost Postcard going out each week, each week there is a possibility to spotlight someone’s art, game mechanics, story writing, and more. Thereby introducing the subscribers to a huge range of ideas, concepts, art styles, gaming styles, and gaming systems, on an ongoing basis, in a way that is cost effective. Based on those experiences you would then know whose products to invest in!
Shawn and I have stayed up many hours discussing all of the possible ideas we both have for Adventure Post and things that can be done, with the general concept of a Postcard-sized weekly game mailing. I think we already have tossed out years of ideas to run with. Whether we are going to be able to proceed with ANY of those, will in large part depend on how this initial project does.
We are each excited about the others ideas, but we each, I think, also have our favorites. For me, the future potential to work with numerous independent creators, as a way to bring the work of lots of talented people, to a large audience, in a cost-effective and fun manner, excites me the most!
I also though can’t miss the opportunity this Postcard based mailing, offers in terms of someone who leads a very busy life or travels a lot. Your Postcard comes in the mail, right? You’re busy, on the go, spending times on planes, trains, and automobiles and what have you. So at some point, you have a little time, maybe a lunch, maybe while at the airport.
BAM! SHUFFLE! SCAN!! ROLL! You’re playing a mini-game, that’s part of a larger adventure, and all you had to carry with you was a Postcard as well as a few very basic game supplies which are small and portable… we send you as part of your first mailing!
In public? Even better, maybe someone will notice, start talking to you, be into gaming, and you make a new friend as well as getting the project another subscription!
Your groups play session get’s canceled (cause we all know that NEVER happens)? You’ll still at least have Adventure Post for a fix!
Finally, while there are a lot of things that excite me about Adventure Post, the last one I want to ramble on about, is the obvious advantage this is for you Tabletop Game Masters!
I myself have been running Roleplay Games as a GM for about 35 years (or doing my best to do so anyway). I have always been a huge fan of game accessory and aids. The GM in me looks at Adventure Post and sees this as a great way to get material for your own campaigns.
You have artwork, maps, story, and more, developed by professionals and lifelong gamers, which you could use in a number of ways. You’ll get ideas, and create, through the exploration of someones else’s ideas. Use what we send you, either parts, or all of it, for your own game.
I hope you think this has as much potential as we do and want to become a supporter. The support we have already been shown is extremely exciting to me. We are keeping the pricing for this as close to cost as is possible in order to get this project off the ground and grow it into whatever potential it may have. To do that though we need as much support as we can get to not only get funded but possibly exceed the goal! We also have some great stretch goals!
The idea came about one fine day while Shawn and Stile were casually chatting on the Book of Faces about absolute randomness. Stile had this idea about sending postcards that have mini games on the back as a marketing thing… one thing led to another and that idea has evolved into Adventure Post.
Adventure Post is a soon to be Kickstarter project, weekly subscription story game, mailed by postcard, with both a roleplay and table top gaming feel. Each campaign will have a duration of how many weeks from start to finish that the campaign will last.
For the 2018/2019 Holidays we released a teaser version of the game for free that people could print and play. That teaser version has been added to the Caveloot.com store and is a free download.
The first mailing will include supplies that you will need to play the campaign with examples such as a pencil, dice, and a token. You will also receive a postcard that week and each week after in the mail so that you can begin (or continue) your adventure!
If this project interests you, keep watching for more news to come, as well as the offical Kickstarter announcment when the campaign is launched.
We do have an Adventure Post facebook group which is a great place to join to watch for updates, ask questions, provide feedback, and have other discussions about the game.
You can also visit the Adventure Post Home Page, which also has a ton of social sight icons you can choose from, where future updates will be published.
We were at the Kamm Island Music Festival in Mishawaka, Indiana this last weekend and thought we would share some photos of the booth setup. Please note that we were given a lot less time to set up than normal so had to skip a few things like canopy disguises, banners, backdrops, and tablecloths. Also, we were on a hill, so yeah, it’s not bad photography things look slanted!
We will be at the Michiana Rennisance Festival the weekend of 8/25/2018 in South Bend, Indiana! Come out and see us set up in our full glory!
Caveloot.com partnered with crafter Jivalax Azon to bring a selection of handmade Crystal/Glass Replica Weapons (Made primarily from Acrylics) to Caveloot.com! These things are absolutely fantastic!
The gallery is below of what we currently have in stock, which you can find in the store (just jump to the new in stock section for the quickest peek).
We are also able to take custom orders! We can make weapons to look as close to possible as other weapons (Katana’s, Claymore, Kryss, Dagger, Long Sword, Short sword, Roman, Greek, or even specific pieces for Cosplay). We can use different materials for the hilt wrappings, different colored LED lighting, different colored Acrylics, shapes, lengths, and more! So don’t be afraid to ask if we can do it.
If you are interested in a custom piece, please just contact us using the contact form on our menu or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you promptly to discuss your needs and cost estimate.
R56 for Shroud of the Avatar really begins to start taking us in a new direction and begins to fire things up for Episode 2!
Caveloot want’s to celebrate this release with fellow Shroud of that Avatar players, and that is why for the month of August you can get 20% off ALL your DIGITAL Shroud of the Avatar game purchases from us!
Just use code “SOTAR56” in the checkout!
Please note that this discount does not apply to Shroud of the Avatar auctions that are running, but store listings only. Yes, It applies to lot deeds and locations as well!
You can also always contact us to negotiate pricing on a purchase, especially if you are buying multiple items!
Please feel free to contact us, you will be responded to by Stile Teckel, our owner, day 1 Kickstarter of Shroud of the Avatar, player, fan, and recipient of the ONBE reward for contributing to the success of the game and company, by Richard Garriott himself! In short, one of your own! If you don’t want to use our contact form you can email him at email@example.com, send him a message in the forums “Sir Stile Teckel”, message him in game “Oddjob” and/or “Stile Teckel”.
We have TONS and TONS of inventory yet to be listed right now both as auctions and as normal listings. Multiple Scepters, more lot deeds, and hundreds if not thousands of rares. So if you’re looking for something and we don’t have it listed yet, just drop us a note, well check our unlisted inventory for you!
This promotion/sale may not be combined with other sales or promotions. Or in Videogamer terms, no, it doesn’t stack.
Not only do we have such a program, but due to its growing popularity, we wanted to put the information out there for people to find a little more easily.
In the past, we have primarily worked this program via word of mouth, forum marketing, and some other basic avenues.
Due to the continued popularity of the program as well as the smoothness to which we have it operating at this point, we wanted to open this program up to have the details more easily found.
As such we have added the Menu Tab “SotA Commission” to our site, which details the program. Here is a copy of those details.
*The following is for digital products. We ALSO sell physical SotA goods on consignment, but if you would like the details for that program please just contact us using the contact form, and we will email them to you.
Terms and Conditions
Shroud of Avatar Consignment sales with Caveloot.com
Real Money Transaction / Retail Market Trade only
We charge 20% Commission on all sales. This may seem like a lot but is an extremely low hourly work rate given the labor that goes into breaking apart, identifying, listing, and continual marketing of large inventories. We manage to make it something we can do at this percentage given the info structure we have in place.
– We do not share information about who we sell for. You are able to remain anonymous.
– We are a legally operating business with a good reputation established in the community.
– We already have an established customer base.
– We have an established online store your items will go into.
– We do ALL the work, you just collect payments.
– We do this professionally so are up to date with ongoing market values.
– Go after longer-term top dollar prices rather than short-term sales at low dollar.
– We take the legal risks of doing this business.
– You MAY make a bit less (you may not if we get higher prices than you would have).
– You do not have access to the things we are selling while we are selling them.
What we sell and What We Don’t
– We obey all Portalarium EULA/Terms of Service for selling. To meet those requirements anything we are selling for you has to be in our possession, legally yours, and resalable by the Portalarium definitions.
– We do not sell accounts/characters that are linked to Steam (must not be steam linked).
– We do sell gold.
– We do sell Player Owned Towns and require the ability to hold your account with our own account information and password until the sale completes, and then we can transfer the account back to you.
– We will take your low valued items, but not JUST your low valued items. In order for us to be able to take the time to sell all the scraps you may have (low dollar items), we also need some meat on the bone to earn some solid income from (high dollar items).
– After we make an initial review of your inventory if we feel there is not enough “meat on the bone”, we will let you know and return the inventory.
CANCEL ANY TIME
– We keep all your inventory in one location in the game. What this means is that any time you would like to discontinue our services, just say so. We can return all of your unsold inventory.
– This business arrangement may be canceled by yourselves or by us, at any time by request.
– Reasonable time to return all remaining inventory must be allowed
– Any sales for items in progress will be finalized, we have a reputation and will not just pull orders that are open with customers.
– Once we sell an item, sales are final. As such only unsold inventory can be returned.
– You may request just certain items back at any time rather than everything if you changed your mind about selling an item(s). Please understand though we have work involved in everything, and while we try to be understanding, continually inventory requests may result in us being unable to continue to work with you if we are losing too much labor or if we find out you are selling things you gave us on your own and then asking for them back for your own sales.
MINIMUM PRICING & DEEPER INVOLVEMENT
– Not a problem. We do all the work so you don’t have to be, but if you have certain areas you want to be involved in we can work with that.
– Anything you have a minimum price desired, we will not sell less for that price. We will record such minimums on the inventory spreadsheet we keep and that you have access to.
– If you do not give us a minimum price for item(s), then you agree to abide by whatever price we sell for. It is in our own best interest as well as yours, for us to get the highest price we feel we can.
– Commission = (Sales Cost – Fees if any (such as PayPal)) *0.20
– In short, we get 20% after fees and you get 80% after fees
– We pay you either by PayPal or Business Check, your choice.
– We can only do business check for Domestic. International if you need a check we can evaluate options for that.
– Willing to consider any other payment options you would like, we are flexible.
– Typically, when paying by PayPal or Business check in the USA, we issue you a consignment payment every time your balance is a $100.00 or more. We do not want to send you multiple payments daily for low dollars. Neither do we want to keep large balances owed to you on our books. As such we will keep a running balance and whenever it hits a $100.00 we send a payment. If we know more payments are about to come in, we may delay a bit.
– We get your inventory from you in game.
– Do an initial quick review to ensure there is enough overall value to proceed.
– We get your information, such as how we will be paying you.
– We put all your inventory into a room in one of our basements, where we sort it by category.
– We work with many people and have our own inventory. Therefore…
– We sell consignment inventory before we sell our own inventory. If you give us a red dress to sell and we have a red dress for sale, and someone wants to buy a red dress, we sell them your red dress first.
– We sell in the order inventory is given to us. If Lord British gave us a Red Dress yesterday and Darkstarr gives us one today, then we sell Lord British’s Dress first!
– We process Inventory sheets, postings, and marketing in the order given to us. If we are currently processing a large inventory for a customer and so it may take us 3 days, or two weeks to begin on yours, we will let you know this ahead of time.
– We have the right to make exceptions to the order we do things in, in special circumstances or due to pre-agreed upon special arrangements that may have been made. In short the rare exceptions to the rules, we try to avoid ever happening.
– Please be familiar with the Caveloot.com Terms of Service for doing business with our customers, and understand before working with us that your inventory sales will be sold abiding by those services and as such you agree to them, found here: https://thecaverns.net/store/terms-of-service/
– We provide this service acting as an independent contractor, selling on commission. We are neither an employee nor are we an employer.
– Yes, we used to do this for 10%. We operated initially at a loss in order to establish a solid program with a good info structure. Now that those things are in place and TESTED, we feel comfortable asking for enough to actually pay for our time, even if the hourly rate is low.